Thursday, October 7, 2010

Day 2 D is for Dinosaur

Time flies when you're having fun! Today we must of had lots of fun because preschool has come and gone and I feel like we just started!

Calendar time went really well today. I started teaching them the sign language for the month September and they seemed to really like that, so today we did a little more. We learned October, a, b, c, and d. It is so sweet to see their tiny hands trying so hard to make each sign. I have been using a chart book that was given to me by one of our great moms. The kids love having a visual to look at and study. They are really starting to belt out the Pledge of Allegiance! I can't wait for their parents to hear them at the end of the year. They wave their flags with pride and honor!

After our circle time and some free play we went to the table and made animal shaped biscuits. While they were in the oven we colored our Happy Dino books, then had snack time.

After that they have been requesting See me Run, so we did that for singing time. It is perfect for a group of active boys... although we do always skip the ballet song. They just look at me like what in the world?? as Rachel gracefully dances around the room. It's kind of funny.

We ended with sharing time and a story. Over all a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment