Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Week 4 - D is for Dinosaur

Well our second month of preschool has begun! We are all loving it! I have the best group of kids. Today we did a review on our previous letters of the week. The cutie pies are really starting to get the Pledge of Allegiance song down. I was totally impressed as they waved there flags today and sang loud and proud. After circle/calendar time we headed into the kitchen and did some coloring letter time. I found a really great resource online at a website called Sparklebox. The kids really enjoy their worksheets. They seem to keep their attention well.

Snacks, then our Dinosaur fossils! This was the best part of the day. I made up some salt dough then gave them a small dinosaur to press into the dough. Then we cooked them and we will paint them on Friday. I used this salt dough recipe:
4 cups flour
1 cup salt
1 1/2 cups water
cook for 45 mins in the oven at 350
mix together, adding more water if needed. The kids each had their own rolling pins and rolled them out and began making their fossils. We did one dino and one foot. I got the play-dough toys out and they played with the left overs while I prepped the fossils for the oven.

Singing time we made a train and danced around the house. The kids are asking for See Me Run so on Thursday I will bring that out again.

I read them a few books:
The Snappy Dinosaur (one of my favorites this time of year)
Five little Ducks
Pumpkin Jack (one of my favorites this time of year)

♥ Miss Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment